Well we did it, we actually went for a bicycle ride together and I did not leave her miles behind. In the bad old days I always thought you had to hammer to get a work out on a bicycle and to heck with the flora and fauna. Well yesterday we went for a ride down the *MURP beside the Ottawa river. We went down the paved path to get there and then down some packed stone dust. We had a blast, we saw many butterflies on the ride. We passed some beautiful wild flowers, and when we were resting on the bench we saw a blue heron in full flight. My SO was using her Rans Fusion, and I was using my Rans Rocket. It was the longest distance she has put on a bicycle and was very comfortable and relaxed. Because we never thought of the ride there was no camera brought along so all I can do is put up links to the pieces of our trip. I guess from the milage on my computer that we had done over 35k, not bad for a first timer.
Fusion: http://www.ransbikes.com/Fusion07.htm
Rocket: http://www.ransbikes.com/Rocket07.htm
Ottawa River: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottawa_River
Blue Heron: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Blue_Heron
Butterfiles: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monarch_butterflies
Bikeboy
*MURP, Multi-use-recreational-paths
Saturday, June 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
When I lived in Ottawa, I only ever went out on that east-end Ottawa River "MURP" a couple of times. It's really nice though...should have gone there more often.
Maybe I'll go up there sometime this summer and check out all those place again.
Post a Comment