Monday, March 15, 2010

Rest of trip aka Montreal part.aka post NAHBS

Well the rest of the trip by train was not as bad because the train out of NY was leaving after daylight. The train arrived early in the AM at Penn station. It was not as long a wait as day 1 as I found that the station had free wifi. So I took out the netbook and plugged into a wall when battery told me to. Around 6:30 am I got restless and decided to lug my pack and go outside of the station and see the streets of NY near the station. WOW, is it ever loud with all the horns honking continually in front of the station/Madison Square Garden street. Since I was getting a bit hungry I decided to go looking for a food I could eat and not have an allergic reaction to. Well I found an eatery that had a great price, $1.99 for two eggs on toast sandwich. As it was being cooked I asked the chef to put a bit of pepper on it, he must of thought I said cover it with pepper. I went back to the waiting area and consumed the peppered egg sandwich. The train was full of people for the trip to Montreal, watched a couple of steve martin movies and enjoyed trip. Arrived in Montreal at 19:40 and walked over the hotel where better half was staying for conference she was attending. Well it was a time for discovery of a diff part of the big city as I had a problem with my netbook. I had to buy a USB stick and find a place to download a bootable copy of Fedora Core 12. I found an internet/computer repair shop that had a reasonable download speed. It took 45 minutes to download the 675mb file. Well I was able to rebuild my netbook so I could check my email and forums. I googled the words "best hamburger Montreal" and found out our favorite place has a bit of competition. This one called M:BGR is one of the top places. La Parayse is really good, fast and inexpensive. M:BGR is really good, fast and pretty expensive and can get down right astronomical. First the funny thing as shown here in this photo and the larger one to show what and where it is.
He shoots


He scores. Here is the burg that I ordered, the waiter told me it was their version of a big Mac. The Big Zak My SO's burger was a regular burger topped with pulled pork.
Well it appears that when we go to Montreal we have to visit
La Paryse and Camellia Sinesis. Well the routine involves inviting which ever member of the family is going to school or living in Montreal. This year was our nephew's turn. Here he is pouring tea to drink, instead of just getting a small pot. click on photo to run video The end of the trip was an uneventful trip back to home by VIA train.

No comments: