Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Trip to NAHBS 2010, day 3

Day 3 was just as uneventful as the previous day for the bicycle show part of it. There was a young man with a cool method of carrying a baguette. He was saying that he got the bread for free, but found out that someone was trying to steal his rear wheel at some point earlier in the day.


At the show was this really cool setup, a flame thrower attached to frame.

The photos for the rest of the show that I took on the Sunday. One of my favourites is/was the booth Banjo with the Xtracycle clone. After the show as I was walking back to the hotel I came upon a modified Xtracycle, it looks like someone is making the ride safer for their young ones. I left the hotel for the train a few hours early and decided to go to the british pub in town. However it was closed at the time I went because of an earlier opening for a soccer match. So I found another pub/eatery for a Guiness. While there I stumbled upon a new way to serve a bacon cheeseburger and am happily passing it on. The process is to slice the top and bottom buns in half, cook them like a grilled cheese (gc) sandwich. A slight modification I have made to it is put the onions and bacon in the gc part, and the hamburger after being cooked ends up in the middle. The local restaurant I frequent called Su Casa in Orleans Ont made it with the modifications, and it stays perfectly together unless a slippery tomato is slipped on the meat. Then I went to the train station to wait for the trip home.

On the train trip home I sat down beside a young man who was wearing some closed headphones. As we were talking about headphones and music it came about that he was in a band. I recommend you give it a listen as it is pretty good music. Note: from the download page you can find all sorts of lossy and non-lossy compression.


Enjoy the photos and music.


B

No comments: